It’s easy to earn rewards!
Between now and December 15, you can earn VISA gift cards for participating in the following ways:
Refer a friend for a referral bonus of $20
Enrolled households can earn a bonus by referring friends. Send us the full name and email address here. Once your friend is enrolled we will send you a $20 VISA e-gift card by email. Your friend must meet all the same qualifications in order to enroll. You can refer up to three friends. Please refer only one friend per household.
Complete an online survey for a $75 VISA e-gift card
Once enrolled, you will be sent an email with a link to complete an online survey. The purpose of the survey is to help us better understand how people in your home use energy. To complete the survey:
- Click on the link in your email. The survey should take no more than 10-15 minutes to complete.
- Upon completion of the survey an electronic VISA gift card will be sent within 72 hours to your email address.
Only one enrollment per household.
Participate in a home energy study and reduce your energy usage for a $100 VISA e-gift card
A total of 10 requests to reduce home energy usage will be sent out from August through December. Each request will ask you to reduce your home energy use for either 1 or 2 hours in the evening between 5 pm and 9 pm. To qualify for the $100 award, you will need to reduce your energy use at least five of the ten requested times. Examples of how to reduce your energy consumption include:
- Turning down/off your thermostat
- Turning down/off lighting
- Delaying the use of high energy-usage appliances such as your washer, dryer or dishwasher.
Participation in the Home Energy Study is not required to earn any of the other cash rewards, with the exception of a second survey.
More about the Home Energy Study
- Requests to reduce energy will automatically be sent to all participants enrolled in the Olivine Community Energy Initiative. You may choose to participate in the Home Energy Study by reducing your energy use when requested. You may also choose to disregard the requests.
- Requests to drop home energy use are based on energy needs in your area and are not known until the day before. A notice will be sent to you by email and through the app the day before to inform of you the requested time and duration of home energy reduction. Please make sure to turn on notifications in your phone’s settings for the Olivine Community Energy app.
- A reminder will be sent approximately 30-minutes before the requested time. This will also be provided by email and in the app.
- Make sure to reduce your energy use for the entire length of the requested time.
- You will be able to view the results of your energy reduction in the app. This information will be available to view after the request and will include a display of your energy use before, during, and after the requested time.
- A $100 VISA e-gift card will be transmitted electronically to the participant in December at the end of the program, based on the completion of 5 requests to reduce energy use.
Complete a second online survey for a $50 VISA e-gift card (Home Energy Study only).
For those participating in the Home Energy Study, you will be sent an email with a link to complete an online survey. The purpose of this survey is to better understand your experience participating in a request to reduce your energy, experience using the app and with customer support. The survey is for those participants who have responded to at least two requests to reduce their home energy use.
- On October 31st, you will receive an email containing a link to an online survey.
- Click on the link to take the survey. The survey should take no more than 10-15 minutes and must be completed by November 15th.
- Upon completion of the survey a VISA e-gift card will be sent within 72 hours to your email address.
Note: You may disenroll and leave the program at any time. To disenroll from the program completely, please reply to one of your enrollment emails or contact us here and we will deactivate your enrollment within 48 hours.